The King’s Fund and No. 11 Cavendish Square are fully committed to reducing their impact on the environment and as such we have adopted the following approach across all of our events.
- We have an Environmental Impact Group which reviews our environmental performance
- The venue is accessible to all
- The venue is accessible to all and there is disabled parking close by
- The venue is well located for public transport
- The venue has a cycle storage facility available on site
- The options for sustainable public transport are well publicised on event material and our website
- The venue does not use disposable cups, crockery, glassware or utensils
- Wherever possible, signage and displays are reused
- The venue encourages all suppliers to minimise their packaging and remove it from site
- The venue operates a water purification system on site to eliminate unnecessary water bottle transportation
- Biodegradable packaging and take away cups are used in our Café
More generally we
- The venue aims to achieve a ‘zero to landfill’ for all waste management. Food waste is anaerobically digested to create compost for farms, non-recyclable waste is incinerated to create clean electricity for London
- Recycle plastics, paper, cardboard, print cartridges, light bulbs, obsolete furniture and IT equipment
- Provide recycling collection points throughout the building
- Use low energy light bulbs wherever possible
- Only use energy rated equipment
- Print double sided and use recycled paper for photocopying
- Lighting in now controlled by movement sensors
- Air conditioning switched off when rooms are not in use
- Source furniture and equipment from sustainable sources
- Source electricity through sustainable, green suppliers
Environmental Management Policy
A primary goal of The King’s Fund and No.11 Cavendish Square is to ensure that that environmental best practice permeates all day-to-day and strategic operations of our, facilities, processes, procedures and practices.
• Ensuring that continual improvement is the cornerstone of our environmental
performance and environmental management system.
• Monitoring and reduce the consumption of natural resources (including gas, water, electricity, and paper) in all our business activities and operation of our building.
• Consider carbon emissions when making investments in the building.
• Preventing pollution, protecting the environment and improve the management of waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduce, re-use and recycle.
• Ensuring environmental management criteria are an integral part of our procurement of goods and services to support the purchase of sustainable, energy-efficient products and services.
• Raising staff awareness of environmental issues, and providing them with
appropriate information, training and feedback forums to enable staff to play an
integral role in our environmental management policy.
• Effectively managing business travel requirements so that lower carbon choices are considered including virtual meetings.
• The King’s Fund will fully comply with all applicable UK legislation and regulation that is relevant to this policy.
• Measuring the carbon footprint of our business activities annually.
• Commit to achieving net-zero by 2050, View our Carbon Reduction Plan here.
• Provide appropriate tools and resources to ensure the efficient implementation of our environmental management policy.
• Actively engage with our staff, service partners, to promote improved environmental performance in our building and services.
• Carry out an annual management review of our environmental performance, policy and procedures
All staff and contractors will be made aware of this policy and their individual responsibilities within it. The King’s Fund shall undertake to carry out such awareness raising, training and maintenance programmes as may be required in pursuit of reducing The King’s Fund’s environmental impact.
The King’s Fund will ensure that appropriate resources and information are made available, to allow successful implementation of this environmental management policy.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Operations Committee and will be updated and/or amended as required.